1. These Rules apply to all entrants of this tournament. Violation of any of these rules will warrant appropriate disciplinary action by Tournament Director. Any protest must be received in writing and signed within fifteen minutes of final check-in deadline to be taken literally. Tournament Director’s decisions will be final in all matters.
2. State, Federal, and Local Laws must be obeyed.
3. Any lures CURRENTLY made by Bill Lewis Outdoors “Rat-L-Trap” may be used during this tournament. This includes the NEW Echo 1.75. Slap-Stik is no longer allowed. NO UMBRELLA RIGS. Custom painting your lure is permitted. You may also change your hooks. Modifying internal shot loads is NOT allowed. Adding or attaching
soft-plastic baits to the ‘Trap is NOT permitted. If your modification is in question then it is advised you seek permission from the tournament director prior to tournament.
4. Entry fee is $100.00 per team... Optional Big Bass Pot is $20. Cash and Credit/Debit cards accepted at registration site. No checks on site. Checks will be accepted, but must be received 7 days prior to tournament.
5. All Entrants are subject to take a Polygraph Test. Failure to take and/or pass such a test will result in disqualification. Any person who has failed a polygraph test in connection with any bass tournament for cheating will not be eligible. Both team members must be present at weigh-in for polygraph.
6. Firearms are not allowed in tournament boats during tournament hours or carried during registration or weigh-in. Law Enforcement Officers are the only exception to this rule.
7. Alcohol and Narcotics will not be allowed in the possession of contestants during tournament hours, unless that contestant has a prescription for such medicine.
8. Courtesy, Safe Boating, Sportsmanship and Conservation must be displayed at all times by contestants. A U.S. Coast Guard approved chest type PFD must be on and fastened anytime the combustion engine is in gear. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard standards. Outboard motors may not exceed boat manufacturers rating. All boats must have an emergency kill-switch and must be attached to the driver anytime the combustion engine is in gear.
9. All fish must be caught in a legal and sporting manner during tournament hours from tournament waters. Contestants may not use any communication or video device for the sole purpose of locating or catching bass during tournament hours. Tracking devices inserted in bass may not be used by any contestant during or before the tournament. Hole-Sitting by or for entrants is not allowed.
10. Boats must have an operational live well with an aeration system. Teams may keep no more than 5 bass in the live well.
11. Scoring will be determined by the total weight of not more than 5 bass per team. Fish will be measured on measuring board with the tail closed. Ties for cash prizes will be settled by combining two cash awards and splitting the total between tied individuals. Bass must be longer than 14 inches.
12. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of another tournament boat without mutual consent. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of any man-made structure of the hosting marina. No tube, bank, or wade fishing is allowed.
13. All persons in a boat must be a registered contestant. Fishing must be from a previously inspected boat.
14. Registration may be by mail (if postmarked on or before Monday prior to event), Saturday, January 13th from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. and Sunday morning of the tournament beginning at 5 a.m. until 7 a.m.at Umphrey Pavillion. Contact Tournament Director for additional times and locations.
Teams will receive boat I.D. numbers according to order received.
15. Tournament Hours and Check Points will be given at registration and are the responsibility of each entrant. Any boat ramp may be used, however all boats will take off in numbered order at first safe light from host marina.
16. Penalties: There will be a half (.5) pound penalty deducted for each dead fish weighed-in. There will be a five (5) pound penalty deducted for any fish not meeting the predetermined size requirement brought to the scales, plus, a loss of same fish. Any contestant(s) weight will not be counted, if not checked-in by the designated check-in time.
17. All fish will become the property of the Tournament Director for live release back into the lake.
18. OFF LIMITS PERIOD: All anglers planning to compete in the tournament must be off the water by 7 pm the evening prior to the tournament.
19. Eligibility & Participation: Any person age 17 or under may be a team partner with a parent or a person age 18 or older, or if a team consist of two persons 17 or under, a third person may be allowed in the boat strictly as a Captain. The Capt. shall at no time pick up a fishing rod during tournament hours. Persons under
18 must have the signature of his/her parent or legal guardian on the tournament entry form.