1. These Rules apply to all entrants of this tournament. Violation of any of these rules will warrant appropriate disciplinary action by Tournament Director. Any protest must be received in writing and signed within fifteen minutes of weigh-in deadline to be taken literally.
2. State, Federal, and Local Laws must be obeyed.
3. Entry Fee is $130 per person (includes daily Big Bass Pot).
4. All Entrants are subject to take a Polygraph Test. Failure to take and/or pass such a test will result in disqualification. Any person who has failed a polygraph test in connection with any bass tournament for cheating will not be eligible. This tournament is only for previously qualified individuals. Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse entry of any person.
5. Firearms are allowed by CHL (Concealed Handgun License) holders and Law Enforcement Officers only.
6. Narcotics will not be allowed in the possession of contestants during tournament hours, unless prescription medicine. Alcohol will not be allowed in the possession of contestants during tournament hours.
7. Courtesy, Safe Boating, Sportsmanship and Conservation must be displayed at all times by contestants. A U.S. Coast Guard approved chest type PFD must be on and fastened anytime the combustion engine is in gear. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard standards. Jet-drive engines or air-boats are not allowed. Outboard motors may not exceed boat manufacturers rating. All boats must have an emergency kill-switch and must be attached to the driver during operation of combustion engine.
8. All fishing must be done with artificial lures only. Pork baits are permitted. Only one rod and reel with not more than two separate lures with hooks may be used at a time by contestants. No trolling with the combustion engine is allowed. All fish must be caught in a legal and sporting manner during tournament hours from tournament waters. Contestants may not use any communication device for the sole purpose of locating or catching bass during tournament hours. Tracking devices inserted in bass may not be used by any contestant during or before the tournament. Hole-Sitting by or for entrants is not allowed.
9. Off limits Period of the tournament waters will be Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before tournament.
Official Practice Days will be Thursday until Sundown and Friday until 4 p.m. with a pre-paid entry fee.
10. Boats must have a permanently installed live well and an operating aeration system. There will be a .5 pound penalty deducted for each dead fish weighed-in. Each individual may keep no more than 5 bass in the live well. There can be no culling of dead fish. Media Bass Weigh Bags must be used at weigh-in. Media Bass Weigh Bags must be used at weigh-in.
11. Scoring will be determined by the total weight of not more than 5 bass per individual per day. All fish brought to the scales must be of the predetermined size by Tournament Officials. There will be a five pound penalty for any fish brought to the scales not meeting this requirement, plus a loss of that fish. Fish will be measured on a “ProRule” measuring board with the tail closed. Ties for cash prizes will be settled by combining two cash awards and splitting the total between tied individuals.
12. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of another tournament boat without mutual consent. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of any manmade structure of the host marina. No tube, bank or wade fishing is allowed. Contestants may not leave the boat to gain access to fishing waters.No tube, bank or wade fishing is allowed. All fishing must be from a previously inspected boat. Contestants may not leave the boat to gain access to fishing waters.
13. Trailering to and from the weigh-in during tournament hours is not allowed, unless permitted by the Tournament Director prior to the tournament for safety or emergency reasons. All fishing must be from a previously inspected boat.
14. Registration may be by mail, or Friday evening at the pre-tournament meeting/dinner location from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Mail-In entries must be postmarked on/or before the Monday prior to the tournament date. All entries must be made by 6 p.m. on Friday evening.
Entry Fee must be paid before practicing.
Boat Numbers will be determined by a random electronic drawing at the tournament meeting.
15. Tournament Hours and Check Points will be given at registration and are the responsibility of each entrant. Any boat ramp may be used after 4 a.m. but, all boats will take-off in numbered order at first safe-light from host marina (except for unsafe weather). Weigh-In will be staggered in flights of fifteen minute intervals. All persons in a boat must be a registered contestant.
16. Fishing Guides may not be used nor may any information be exchanged and/or obtained by any contestant on the official practice days or on the tournament days for locating and catching bass.
17. Upon entering this fishing tournament, contestants release Media Bass officials and sponsors from liability of any accidents, losses or thefts. Contestants are responsible for knowing and understanding these rules.
Please Mail On or Before Monday prior to tournament.
Mail Entries To:
Mesquite, TX 75181