1. These Rules apply to all entrants of this tournament. Violation of any of these rules will warrant appropriate disciplinary action by Tournament Director. Any protest must be received in writing and signed within fifteen minutes of final check-in deadline to be taken literally. Media Bass decisions will be final in all matters.
2. State, Federal, and Local Laws must be obeyed.
3. Open Fall Team Tournaments Entry Fee is $160 per team - includes Big Bass.
4. All Entrants are subject to take a Polygraph Test. Failure to take and/or pass such a test will result in disqualification. Any person who has failed a polygraph test in connection with any bass tournament for cheating will not be eligible.
5. Firearms are allowed by CHL (Concealed Handgun License) holders and Law Enforcement Officers only.
6. Alcohol and Narcotics will not be allowed in the possession of contestants during tournament hours, unless prescription medicine. Alcoholic beverages are permitted after fifteen minutes of final check-in deadline (unless prohibited by the host marina).
7. Courtesy, Safe Boating, Sportsmanship and Conservation must be displayed at all times by contestants. A U.S. Coast Guard approved chest type PFD must be on and fastened anytime the combustion engine is running. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard standards. No jet-drive engines or air-boats are allowed. Outboard motors may not exceed boat manufacturers rating. All boats must have an emergency kill-switch and must be attached to the driver during operation of combustion engine.
8. All fishing must be done with artificial lures only. Pork is permitted. Only one rod and reel with not more than two separate lures with hooks may be used at a time by contestants. No trolling with the combustion engine is allowed. All fish must be caught in a legal and sporting manner during tournament hours from tournament waters. Contestants may not use any communication or video device for the sole purpose of locating or catching bass during tournament hours. Tracking devices inserted in bass may not be used by any contestant during or before the tournament. Hole-Sitting by or for entrants is not allowed.
9. Practice fishing is allowed on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday with a Pre-Paid Entry. Boat stalls, slips, or beaching of boats is allowed on the night before a tournament for convenience and easing of traffic at host marina.
10. Boats must have a permanently installed, operational live well with an aeration system. Teams may keep no more than 5 bass in the live well.
11. Scoring will be determined by the total weight of not more than 5 bass per team meeting designated size requirements. Fish will be measured on a "Pro-Rule" measuring board with the tail closed. Ties for cash prizes will be settled by combining two cash awards and splitting the total between tied teams.
12. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of another tournament boat without mutual consent. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of any manmade structure of the hosting marina. No tube, bank or wade fishing is allowed. No tube, bank, or wade fishing is allowed. Contestants may not leave the boat to gain access to fishing waters.
13. Trailering to and from the weigh-in during tournament hours is not allowed, unless permitted by the Tournament Director for safety or emergency reasons. All fishing must be from a previously inspected boat.
14. Team Tournaments allow no more than two persons per boat. All persons in a boat must be a registered contestant.
15. Registration may be by mail (if postmarked on or before Monday prior to event) and at take-off site on morning of the tournament beginning at 6 a.m. Cash, checks or money orders on tournament morning. Contact Tournament Director for additional times and locations. Teams will receive boat I.D. numbers according to order received.
16. Tournament Hours and Check Points will be given at registration and are the responsibility of each entrant. Any boat ramp may be used however, all boats will take-off in a numbered order at first safe-light from host marina. Weigh-In will be staggered in flight intervals. Weigh bags will be supplied at weigh-in.
17. Fishing Guides who have guided for black bass on tournament lake during two-months (60 days) prior to tournament will not be eligible to compete, unless person has fished in the preceding tournament (Championship Tournament). Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse entry of any person.
18. Upon entering this fishing tournament, contestants release MEDIA BASS officials and sponsors from liability of accidents, losses or thefts. Contestants are responsible for knowing and understanding these rules.
19. Penalties There will be a .5 pound penalty deducted for each dead fish weighed-in. There will be a five (5) pound penalty deducted for any fish not meeting the predetermined size requirement brought to the scales, plus, a loss of same fish. Any contestant(s) weight will not be counted, if not checked-in by the designated check-in time.
$160 Entry Fee Includes Big Bass - 85% Payout - Less Fees